Saturday, January 23, 2010

More Awesomness...

If you will recall, I lost my job at the end of last May. I went through all of the steps to file for unemployment, and filed a few claims in June-July. Every notification I got after a claim filing showed how much I could get and then that I actually got - nothing. After a few filings I started getting my GI Bill, and so stopped filing claims. Didn't need it and didn't want to have to pretend to look for a job. :)

This week I got a stack of mail and most of it was junk, so I tossed it in a corner and finally got to it this morning. There was an envelope from the Texas unemployment people, and I glanced at it and then tore it up and tossed it. Then I stopped and had to dig it back out of the garbage to look at it again. (Luckily my garbage is all paper!) It was the form that told how much my compensation was and that they reported it to the IRS, etc..

What? This is weird because I never got any money! So, I went onto the website and finally found where I can go into my account. It showed that I got paid back in July. Um, no I didn't.

Then I found a number for the Chase Bank division that handles the accounts. I called and the lovely lady (she really was nice) looked up my info and, lo and behold, I really did get paid in July 2009! There has been several hundred bucks sitting in an account with my name on it for seven months that I knew nothing about! The bank lady is sending me a new card so I can get to it.

How awesome is that? Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment