Saturday, November 7, 2009

Could've Been REALLY Embarassing

So, I was at my uncle's house Thursday/Friday to get his office and paper-y stuff unpacked and organized. (I know - I'm such a fantastic niece.) I was digging around in his garage looking for the 1 million folders we had packed up for him (which I found out later were at his storage unit = helpful), which meant moving a few boxes around.

One particular box was the on top of two other boxes, and I needed to look in the other boxes. Of course, the TOP box was full of books. Really? I'm pretty careful about how I lift things, etc..., because my back doesn't like me most of the time.

So, slide the box over, grab it and then put it down. Bend at the knees. Almost drop box and the a terrible sound and cool air.

Yes. My pants completely ripped.

Thought 1) How does that happen? I'm not too big for them. In fact, I've been working out!

Thought 2) Crap, now I have to spend money and buy new pants. (Doing the Dave Ramsey budget thing puts a cramp in my spontaneous style.)

Thought 3) Thank goodness my uncle was out of town and it was just girls at the house.

Thought 4) Thank goodness my mom was with me so she can go home and get me pants.

Thought 5) She needs to hurry since my adopted cousin who is a guy is stopping by and we're going to lunch - in public.

Now I have to buy new jeans. I loved those jeans. RIP Favorite Blue Jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment