Friday, November 6, 2009

The Random Kindness of Strangers

So, after a long day of sifting through massive amounts of paperwork from who knows when as I attempted to organize my uncle's new office, I was pretty tired and dusty. I decided that cooking was not going to happen, and that pumpkin pancakes from iHop were calling my name. (If you've never had IHop pumpkin pancakes, you really must.)

So, off we go. We ordered and waited (which wasn't that long but seems long because of two bouncing and hungry children). The people next to us got there food, which is fine since they ordered right after us. Then, the people behind us got there food, which wasn't as fine since they had just ordered. I finally realize that they were getting our food. By the time we all noticed, their kids had started pawing away. So, the waiter took it and had the kitchen remake it.

He finally brings out our food (which came out rather quickly the second time), and I am - of course - thinking a little bit of a discount is in order. :) Turns out, so was the waiter.

"I'm really sorry about the mix up," he says. "I'd give you a discount but..."

Here I think "really? There's a but?"

"...someone already paid for your food."

Wow. I was a little stunned. Ok, a lot stunned.

Pretty awesome! Jesus does cool things sometimes just to remind you He's there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment