Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Who Am I?

Of course, The Who song is now going through my head. But, I digress before I even start.

I had a long conversation with one of my favorite people tonight. And what it boiled down to is that, while I know who I am, I don't know who I am.

What?

I dream big, big dreams. Lots of them. But I haven't been able to figure out how that translates into real life. So, I have this gut-and-soul feeling that I'm meant for something big. What is it? And how do I get there? I can't even describe what I mean without sounding shallow and self-seeking, which is NOT me. (I may not totally know who I am, but I do know what I'm not!)

I know, I know. EVERYone says that they could do whatever and they could be big. What's so special about me?

Maybe nothing. EXCEPT that, unlike most people, I choose to figure out a way to make my dreams reality. I don't know exactly what that means. How can I when I'm not even sure what the reality would be? But, I refuse to sit back and let life pass me by without even trying to figure it out.

The one of my favorite people told me that some people dream big but never do anything about it, and some people aren't dreamers but can do lots of thing. I want to be in the middle - the person that dreams and does.

Who Am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment