Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nicknames

I was thinking about nicknames the other day as I was talking to the kids. I started going through all of the things I call them instead of their names. (Unless, of course, they're in trouble. Then you have name stages. 1st name firmly, then first and middle names extra firmly. Then the entire name with veins bulging out of your neck. But that's for another blog.)

It really starts when you are still growing them in the womb. MG was nicknamed 'peanut' because at the first ultrasound, she looked like a little tiny shelled peanut hopping around. Her favorite stuffed animal is her Pooh Bear. So I'll call her Pooh or Pooh Bear or Pooh Head, which flows into Poopy, Poopy Pants, Poopy Head. Then we have Princess, Princess Face and Princess Head. Somehow Poodle comes into the mix, followed by Poodle Brain. (It seems she has a 'P' pattern going.) Since I also feel like I am a zookeeper, Monkey is also prevalent.

Which, of course, is what MB is. HIS favorite animal is a little blue monkey. So, therefore, he is my monkey. And you have to have Monkey Face and Crazy Monkey Head and Monkey Brain. Somehow Mr. Face and Mr. Head came in at some point. Then there's Buddy, Bubs and Bubsters. And throw in Nugget and Mr. Nugget Head.

So, ya. And this is just what I can think of right now. I KNOW that I'm not alone in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment