Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fitness 101

I finally did it. I finally made myself start working out again.

Am I feeling ok? Yes.

I really have no excuse. Unless my back is out (which does happen sometimes - two kids can definitely mess you up), there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that I can't do something. I mean, I have everything I need in my room!

I've got a mini-stair-stepper, and balance ball, and a pair of light free weights. In my room. I see them every day. Maybe I'm just lazy. Hmmm.

So, Monday night, I told myself to just suck it up and do it. Here are a few things I have discovered.

1) I do not feel energized after a workout. In fact, I just want to go to bed. Therefore, I do it at night after the kids are in bed. Then I can shower and put my jammies on and sleep!

2) Music is important to workout to. I have discovered that something with a funky beat is great. I get a nice, consistent thing going. AND, I can jam on my stair-stepper. That's right, I dance and step. I'm that talented.

3) When I discover that working out really does make you look better, I'll let you know. :)

Random compliments will be accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment