Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Horrible, Terrible Wound

It's been a beautiful weekend. After 8 days of rain (yes, 8 - felt like I was in Vancouver), the sun came out and it hasn't been stifling hot. SO, that means that the kids can go outside!!

They were out most of the day yesterday, and they are out there today. About 10 SECONDS after they went outside, MG comes in and yells "[MB] hurt his self really bad!" Which says to me that there probably is some blood. But how much? I could hear him crying in the garage.

So, I gather my little ouchie arsenal - BooBoo juice (non-stinging foamy cleanser), BooBoo cream (Neosporin-like stuff), Disney bandaids and a wet (dark colored) rag. Out I go, and he's got a wet paper towel (his sister can be sweet sometimes!) on his toe and he's just crying buckets.

Over I go, take the paper towel off to find.... a tiny scratch. I'm sure it hurt, because it was on the top of his big toe, but I was all prepared for a missing toe!

Mommy, of course, cleaned it up with her special things, and he got to pick out his bandaid. (He chose Mickey in a space-suit today.) All better!

Lesson for today: Children are over-dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment