Monday, October 4, 2010

Bad Beans and Raw Fish

If this post title doesn't suck you in, nothing will!

Bad Beans:

So, I was getting ready for church on Sunday morning. (We were going to the kids Baptism class so they could learn all about it!) At least I think this happened Sunday morning. I could be wrong.

Anyway, I guess my mom decided to clean out the fridge. Soon I hear the garbage disposal. Then I hear sounds of serious dry heaving. And then the sounds of my mom laughing hysterically. And more heaving. And more laughing. I go down to see what's up, naturally. It seems there was a container of refried beans in the fridge from who knows when. She'd asked my dad to get rid of it. I'm assuming it was gross. (My dad has an excellent gag reflex.) And she couldn't contain her laughter as he tried his very hardest to not throw up. He continued gagging as he marched out of the house with the garbage and declared that he'll take the garbage out for her any day, but he would not be the one to throw out old beans. I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard. (I can laugh, because I did the same thing cleaning out the drain one time. My son kept asking why I sounded like I was puking as he stood in the bathtub naked. The tub wouldn't drain for his 'quick bath'!)

Raw Fish: Not really a story. I just really like sushi and I got to eat some tonight and it was delicious.

Moral of this post? Don't leave refried beans in the fridge too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment