Thursday, October 7, 2010

Today's Conversation

I actually had nothing to blog about today. But then Jesus blessed me with this wonderful conversation with my son.

It all starts with him leaping around in circles in the shower. When he was done, I pulled back the curtain and he told me that he was SO dizzy. ("When you hear my feet doing that, that means that I'm dizzy.") His head was bobbing quite close to the porcelain soap holder, so I informed him that he needs to not leap around in the bathtub because he could hit his head and then we'd have to go to the emergency room. I wish I could recall word for word, but this is close. And we enter the conversation:

"Do you want to go to the emergency room?"

"No."

{Pause}

"What's the emergency room?"

"It's the place at the hospital you go when you get hurt and have an emergency."

{Pause}

"So, it's a hospital for emergencies?"

"It's at the hospital. It's the part of the hospital you go when you need help right away."

"Oh, it's a hospital room. Hospitals have the rooms where you get the babies and stuff. And there are other rooms where you go when you get really, really hurt. Actually, they have four kinds of rooms. There’s rooms where you go when you get hurt by a car. And there’s rooms where you go when you get hurt on your bike. Like, really, really hurt. Well, actually, that’s the car room. And then the next one, that’s the fourth one is, um. Well, the one that you should never, ever do. You should never, ever jump out of a car.

"That’s the fourth room?"

"No [giggle], but I was just saying that."

(At this point I paused the conversation to to type this before I forgot.)

And, I'm back.

"Did you figure out what the fourth room is?"

"Ya, it’s the one when you get stanged [stung]."

"When you get stung?"

"Ya, or there’s electrocuted."

And he laughed and was done.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha!! He says the best things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to tell him that his beloved Bapa talked his Granty Pammy to jump out of the car when she was little. Bad Bapa!! Stupid Granty!

    ReplyDelete