Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Day

So, some good friends of mine got married this past Saturday. It was a beautiful wedding and, as expected, it has gotten my family all into my wedding. The one I’m not having with the guy I have not met.


According to my dad, it’s like collecting the wood to build a house, but not building the house yet. (Anyone? Ya, me neither.) And, yes, I’ve thought about it, too, and I’ve decided that there wouldn’t be a whole lot of tradition in it.


Entertainment? Live band AND karaoke. (Oh, yes, I said karaoke.)


Food? Gourmet burger bar and mac n cheese. (It would be kid friendly wedding, duh, and EVERYONE loves burgers. I’m just saying.) And then cupcakes. Everyone loves cupcakes – with ice cream.


Music? Rock. Maybe I’d walk down the aisle to Pink Floyd. You never know.


I wouldn’t do all of the “traditional” dances. Let’s face it – it’s kind of boring to sit there and watch every possible family combination dance. And, really, can anyone see my dad dancing? Right. And maybe at the end of the ceremony, I would give everyone high-fives on the way out. Like a rock star. My fabulous friend JBell refuses to be in my non-existent wedding because she insists on being my wedding planner. Which is good since that’s what she does, but I think she would have her work cut out for her.

For all of you laughing at me for thinking of this, let me remind you that I am 30 and can do whatever I want. Even think about a wedding that might happen someday. And, hey, if I think about it now, it will be a lot easier whenever it does happen!


Happy Dreaming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment