Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yes, I Do

I am pale. Like Casper. Not as pale as my mom and sister, who are Casper’s albino cousin’s, but just plain Casper pale.


When I was little, I got a little color on me. Granted, I was outside a lot – in Vegas in the summer – but a little less pale naturally. Then I go big, and it all went away. I lived for years in that ghostly palor, wearing pants all the time, never putting on a swimsuit except at night.


Then one day, I discovered Planet Tan. It changed my life.


No longer am I Casper. But, don’t worry, I am not an Oompa Loompa, either. No spray tan. Just good old-fashioned fake UV rays. A nice color.


Now, I wear skirts. I will even put on a swimsuit when the sun is actually out. (Sometimes.) I actually bought a pair of capries. Sundress? I’ll wear that, too!


So, for all of you fellow pale people, there is hope. Come over to the dark side – we have tans.

1 comment: