Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Insanity

I love my kids. With all of my heart. I would do anything for them. Yes, they drive me crazy. They are kids, and that is what kids do. But that changes nothing.

I think most moms are programmed to protect their kids. (I say most because there are exceptions with crazy people.) They will do what they have to do to care for them. They will move heaven and earth to get whatever the kids need to not only live, but to be loved. They don’t just provide clothes, food and shelter, but cute clothes, food they like and is good for them, and a shelter that is filled with peace and cute sheets on their beds.

Sometimes a mom will do something that other people might think is insane, wrong, stupid - whatever. “Why would she do that?” Why? Because she wants her kids to be happy and loved. And sometimes it requires insane, wrong or stupid things to be done. She does not think they are any of those. She sees it as just one more possibility for her kids to lead the best life possible.

Not everyone knows the whole story of what’s behind her actions. They are not spur-of-the-moment actions. They have been deliberated extensively in her mind. The pros and cons have been weighed, every outcome she can think of prepared for. Sometimes a surprising (and not always welcome) outcome shows up, but she still does not regret what was done because she thought it best for her kids at the time.

She can’t regret, or she will live her whole life in regret. She can’t give way to second thoughts or allow what others think of her to get into her head. Her mission is her children, and she won’t let anything get in the way of that. She will go through hell for them, she will endure heartache and hardships, isolation and everything else that comes her way.

I love my kids. With all of my heart. I would do anything for them.

1 comment: