Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So Small

It’s all because of my teeny little bladder that I was standing in the very cold, slightly windy (which is enough when it’s very cold) and rainy morning putting gas in my car.

My car has this neat feature that beeps at me when it hits 50 miles, 25 miles and 10 miles left to go on the tank. I knew yesterday that I had to get gas on the way home. I was down to about 20 miles, which would get me home. So, the plan was to stop at the bank (had to pay for MG’s swimming lessons), get some gas, pick up the kids, run home and grab some dinner for them, then off to swimming.

A good plan, except for the fact that I have a bladder the size of a pea.
I have grown two humans, and that wreaks havoc upon you. I get off work at 5, and get home between 5:45 and 6. At 4:57 every day, I use the facilities. I can then get to whatever my next stop is just fine.

When I am fighting a sickness (this is war - I’m going to Mexico in seven days!), I drink a ton of water, and therefore must go a lot more. Yesterday, at 4:58 I used the bathroom. Then I went to the bank and sat there for 10 minutes. Then it took 10 extra minutes on top of that to get to my side of town (where the gas is about $.10 to $.15 cheaper). I thought that if I had to spend another 10 minutes getting gas I would DIE. So, straight to the daycare (where it takes 10 minutes to get them - my life is run in 10 minute segments), and then home where I didn’t even wait for them to get out of the car. And thank goodness there is a bathroom right inside the front door.

So, that brings me to this cold, slightly windy and rainy day. It was about 80 degrees yesterday and nice weather for getting gas. And because of the rain, I was stuck going a whole one mile in 10 minutes, which also made me late for work.

There really is no lesson to be learned from this story. Just a warning to all of you that have not had children yet. One day you may be standing in a cold, rainy and slightly windy morning putting gas in your car just because of your teeny little bladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment