Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Banana's Are Burnin'!

First, we made it through our haircut!! MB did quite well. We are now prepared for kindergarten (and fourth grade). It only took a big chunk of money. WHY does stuff have to be so expensive??

Second, I survived my first time leading worship for a bunch of kids. I say survived because I realized just how out of shape I was. I wish they sold energy in a bottle. (Real energy. Not caffeine induced energy.)

Ok, so here's the thing. I decided to make a slushy today. (It's healthier than ice cream, ok?) I make delicious slushies/smoothies, just in case you were wondering. I spent 5 minutes digging in the freezer to find the banana's that I knew my mom had frozen. Of course, they were whole and un-peeled, and therefore I had to microwave them in order to get the peel off. My sister informed me that you have to cut the little stem off because they catch fire. Well, that's what the mom said happened. So, I cut the top off and then looked at it. Then I looked at my sister.

Yes, I put the little stem in the microwave.

Yes, it caught fire!

It was pretty cool, actually. We were standing there, staring in the microwave, and heard a pop and a flame burst up! Good times!

Lesson of the Day - Banana stems DO catch fire in the microwave!

No comments:

Post a Comment