Monday, December 28, 2009

Some Reflection

Well, to say this year has been interesting would be an understatement of immense proportions.

For a brief moment, I felt that - for the first time in my adult life - I had what I'd always wanted. No, I wasn't even close to rich, but I had a job. I wasn't engaged or married, but I had someone that might be. My family was together, we were happy and healthy and life was going along.

Then, it all went away. Job, special, family - all ripped from me. I've cried more in the last few months than I have in years. I've prayed and asked what the point of it was? In fact, just typing about it is difficult.

What I finally discovered.... well, not discovered, exactly, because I've always known.... So, I finally got it into my heart that God is good.

In what was the lowest point of the year, after having a "conversation" (and I use the term loosely), it finally hit me in my gut and heart that He is here. He won't leave or forsake me. And, for the first time in my adult life, I had peace about all the shtuff that my life was going through.

I'm still not rich. I'm still alone. My family will never be the same. I still cry a lot (being a girl sucks sometimes!). But, God is good. And as this year closes, I refuse to let go of the tiny thread of hope that's left in me and to trust that He will make make it ok.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Amen. What a year - God is so amazing and so GOOD. We are blessed beyond belief :) I can't wait for 2010!!!!

    ReplyDelete