Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dress Up Time

So, we searched far and wide (mostly from a sitting position in front of the laptop) and finally found costumes for everyone.

MB wants to be a football player. I told my sister he was going to be a Cowboy and she was concerned. HA! I said that if I'm raising a football lover, I might as well raise him to be liked by everyone he will live around so that he has a chance in life. Besides, I don't want things thrown at him in protest on Halloween.

MG wanted to be a witch. Or a vampire. I thank her father for being such a fab influence. Anyhoo, I said no. "Why can't I be something I really want to be?" My answer? "When you can fork out $40 of your own money to buy your own costume, we'll revisit the subject." We looked at all 932 costumes on Target.com (and a few other sites). She really wanted to be Alice from the live-action Alice in Wonderland, but out of the 70 billion costumes available, none were the proper dress in her size. Yes, it had to be the specific blue dress. So, she settled on a black Batgirl costume.

I am also a little disappointed. I have always wanted to be Wonder Woman, but I do a fabulous White Queen impression. Alas, no White Queen costumes anywhere. (Well, we found one, but MG and I both took one look at it and nixed it. Not even close!) I do a mean Red Queen impression, too, but I don't want to be her. So, I'm probably going back to Wonder Woman. It's only appropriate as I am Amazonian compared to a large portion of my friends and family.

What are you going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment