Friday, October 2, 2009

Fight!

Yesterday, my phone rang. It was the principal from the kids' school.

I thought it was MG, but she's been quite good so far this year. It was not her, but MB.

First thing out of my mouth, "What did he do?"

The principal assured me that he wasn't in trouble. She just needed to make me aware of an 'altercation' that had taken place in which another little boy had decided (for reasons still totally unknown) to walk up to MB in the hall and start hitting him. One of the shots landed just under his eye.

To MB's credit, she said

NEWS FLASH:
We interrupt the regularly scheduled blog to bring you this tidbit.

As I was writing this, MB (who didn't feel well when he came home) came running into my room and said he just puked on the floor (he had been in the office). He then proceeded to throw up on my floor. And as I tried to run him into the bathroom, where the door was shut because MG was in the shower, and he projectiled through my fingers on to the door and all over the floor. His jammy shirt was covered in it, as well. I think a little bit made it into the toilet.

Ah, the joys of motherhood. What a wonderful end to a (sarcastic) wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment