Saturday, October 3, 2009

Prayer...

I was woken up this morning and told something awful. I immediately fell to my knees to pray, but when I got there I realized I didn't know how. I'm sure everyone needs to pray for something sometimes, but there are no words. How do you pray? What are you supposed to pray for? What words do you use?

Romans 8:26-27 says "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."

This is one of those times when all I can do is ask the Holy Spirit to intercede. As a human, we want to be in control, and so asking someone else - even the Spirit! - to pray for us takes some of that away. BUT, HE knows our hearts better than we do, and the prayers that HE hears aren't words, but our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment