Monday, October 26, 2009

What a Morning!

So, I've gotten in the (wonderful) habit of going back to bed for a little bit after the kids get on the bus. Why? Because I can, so there.

MG was supposed to have a field trip today to the Outdoor Learning Center. Well, it was cold and really rainy when we got up and an e-mail from her teacher said they were most likely going to cancel it. Which was good because I hadn't made her sack lunch and probably wouldn't have time!

This morning was no exception to the morning nap. And I had a headache, so I had a good excuse. I'd been laying there for a few minutes when I hear my phone buzzing from under something. I dig for it and see it's from the school. Really? I knew they were calling to tell me it the field trip was still on.

And it was her teacher. No way! It's too gross out and the kids wouldn't have any fun slogging through the cold, wet day. But, alas, it was still on and MG had no lunch!

So, at 7:51, I jump out of bed and 20 minutes later I am ready to leave the house - dressed, enough makeup to not look terrible, enough hair done to not look terrible, and a sack lunch. I run up, brush my teeth and grab my shoes. As I'm running down the stairs to get out the door so my baby doesn't starve to death (because you know they will if they don't eat every half second), the phone rings again.

Guess what? It's the teacher, and the field trip had just been canceled.

No comments:

Post a Comment