Monday, January 10, 2011

Favorite Things

So, after working, then picking up my mom and going to the chiropractor, I got home about 4:45. I made dinner for the kids, which was done about 5:15. I scarfed some down because I had to leave and be back at the church at 5:45. Left the church at 7:10 and got home about 7:25.

At this point I've been home for less than an hour the entire day. I walk in, and my dad meets me at the door saying my mom wants to talk to me. She proceeds to practically grill me about the evening (it was our Monday night women's group thing, and she is doing Wednesday mornings and neither of us have ever been). During this time she is getting a little negative because she has not been feeling well and generally rooms full of estrogen and pink make us nervous. I am still in my coat and gloves.

I say hi to my dad, who is sketching a new invention dealing with presto logs, then walk upstairs. My kids were ready for bed and Geemaw had let them watch SpongeBob, and I don't even get a helllo, but at least my son waves at me.

Here's my favorite part. They come out of the TV room, and I don't get a hello or a hug or anything. Instead, I get from my daughter, "The toilet needs to be plunged. I put it in the bathroom."

Hi, mommy, please plunge my poop.

2 comments:

  1. This is basically all true with the major exception that I personally am NEVER negative!

    ReplyDelete