Thursday, January 6, 2011

Strange Habits 1

I titled this with a 1 because I may feel like writing about more strange habits later, and so I can call them 2 and 3 and so on, and they will technically be titled differently. Genius, yes?

I have a habit that absolutely bugs the heck out of my mom. Unless I guzzle a glass of water (or milk or any kind of beverage) in one fell swoop, I never drink it all. I ALWAYS, and without fail, leave a small amount in the bottom. Maybe a 1-3 little swallows. Always. I never, ever, ever go back and drink it. I will dump it out and get a new glass. And since we - the whole family - has the habit of taking a glass somewhere, and then forgetting it and just getting a new one when we want another drink, there will be a few glasses around the house with just a little bit of water left in the bottom.

I don't know why it bugs my mom so much. It's not hurting her or anything. She just can't get over that I do that. I felt somewhat vindicated when I found out my aunt does the same thing most of the time.

Why is this a habit? I'll tell you why. That last little bit of liquid in the bottom is probably mostly backwash. Think about it. An entire glass of short sips/drinks/swallows adds up to a lot of backwash.

Now you, too, will never drink the last little bit out of your glass. Once again, you are so welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment