Saturday, January 17, 2009

Like Angels Singing

What could be more pleasant in life than the sweet, sweet sound of…

…screaming, crying, whining and fighting.

My girl (MG from now on) is four years older than my boy (MB). She thinks that gives her the daily torture of him. MB is quite cute, but, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Whines and whines and cries. I keep telling him to hit her back (I know – wrong, but come on!), act like a guy, ignore her, and so on. All too no avail.

What is one to do? MG really is sweet, but she gets around her brother and… I keep telling her to be nice because one day MB will grow a spine and be stronger than her! I try to remind her of the time we were all in the backyard, and MG kept taking the ball away from him. Oh, he was mad (and whining and crying). We kept telling him to take it back. Well, all of a sudden he tore after her and just started pounding on her! He didn’t hurt her because he was so much smaller, but it was hilarious! I thought that he FINALLY got it! Alas, no.

I hope that MB gets it together soon. And MG realizes he’ll beat her up one day.
Right now, I am enjoying the sounds of them playing together and having fun. I will lock it away in my memory to go back to in 4 minutes when the screaming starts again.

1 comment:

  1. Repeat after me - "They will grow up one day" - "They will grow up one day" - "They will grow up one day".....

    ReplyDelete