Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Noodle-rific

From the archives…

Back in my other life, when I was still married, MB was just a little guy – right around one-year-old. We were doing a ‘stint’ in the Florida panhandle, and my little guy had just recently started eating “real” food.

We had spaghetti one night, and per usual I cut the kids noodles into little pieces. (Pizza cutters are a wonderful thing to have with small children!!) We were taking turns feeding him little bites and supervising MG’s food vacuuming. MB was happily eating his bites, coughing a little and sneezing all the while.

After several minutes of coughing, eating and sneezing, I noticed a little noodle above his mouth, sticking a little in his nose. I went to take it off of his face and…



…pulled a two-inch noodle out of his nose.

The entire time he was eating, he was coughing and sneezing because he had a noodle stuck in his nose.And then he sneezed it out! I don’t think I have laughed so hard in my life. I, of course, immediately called my mom and could barely get the story out between the tears.

Moral? When your baby is sneezing during spaghetti time, he could have a noodle come out of his nose.

1 comment: