Thursday, December 23, 2010

Are We There Yet?

I so feel like that this week.

I work at my church, and most people know that Christmas is kind of a big deal for churches. That and Easter. I happen to work in the Communications (video, graphics, web, anything that needs to be designed and printed for anything) AND Worship Departments (the obvious and lights/cameras/sound, etc...). To say we've been busy is kind of an understatement.

I spent the last four days decorating the stage. You wouldn't think that by looking at it. It's pretty, if I do say so myself, but the amount of work that goes into making it look pretty and simple is so not simple.

The amount of time and effort that everyone has put into making Christmas Eve special and inviting and great is crazy.

I love Christmas, and I love our Christmas Eve services, but I am ready for it to be over so I can sit down. And see my kids!

Only 20 more hours and we'll be there - done!

No comments:

Post a Comment