Thursday, December 16, 2010

When Noodles Attack

There's a B-horror movie in that title. Which brings this to mind - best B-horror movie premise ever. Or more like a C or D-movie. Night of the Lepus. Fluffy bunny's breed like crazy and then attack people. I should watch this. It's real - I'll wait while you look it up.

Back to the noodles.

I was making MB dinner the other night. We had some leftover stroganoff sauce, so I found some elbow macaroni in the cupboard and proceeded to cook them. After an appropriate amount of time had passed, I did the test-it-for-doneness thing. Took one out of the pot, shook the water off, waited a sec, then went to eat it.

I did not shake hard enough or wait long enough, as a very minuscule bit of water was still boiling inside the noodle, which dripped on my lip. Liquid hot molten lava temperature boiling water = instant blister + trying not to say bad things in front of my son.

It still hurts. I think I'll skip the elbow macaroni from now on.


1 comment:

  1. I thought you might also reference the alien noodle glob that invaded us through the pipe under the kitchen sink on Monday night :)

    ReplyDelete