Saturday, December 18, 2010

Gealous of Genius

Yes, I spelled jealous with a 'G'. Isn't that the trendy thing to do now? You know, like the Kardashian sisters spell everything with a 'K'. I'm just trying to be cool.

Anyway, on to my real blog.

I was driving to school yesterday (last day of the semester - yay!!!) and was listening to the Sherlock Holmes soundtrack. (You know, the one with Robert Downey, Jr. that is AWESOME?) And, once again, was blown away by the genius of the music.

GENIUS.

The different ways the violin is played and the dynamics and everything is insane. Hans Zimmer is amazing. (Yes, John Williams is, too, but I'm not talking about him today, so get over it.) And the name 'Hans Zimmer' - say it all German-like and it makes it even cooler.

Have you seen his discography? The above mentioned Sherlock Holmes, Christopher Nolan's Batman movies, Transformers, Inception, Iron Man, Pirates of the Caribbean, Gladiator and about a million more of my faves. (Seriously, look at this list!)

Yes, I'm sort of like a commercial for Hans Zimmer today. I am just in awe of the mind of a musical genius, that's all. Listen to his stuff, and then try to argue.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I am a HUGE fan of Hans Zimmer AND John Williams...I also love the work of Alan Silvestri. I actually go running/walking (more walking as I am 35 years old than running these days) to this music...Once upon a time I ran or worked out to Guns N Roses and today, its classical composition or musical scores from some of my favorite movies...

    ReplyDelete