Friday, December 31, 2010

The Obligatory New Years Post

Today is the last day of 2010. As such, I feel that it is my duty to write something profound about the last year, and offer wonderful insights for the coming year. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? I don't want to break some unknown and unwritten blogging rule. So, here goes.

I am glad this year is over, and I hope like crazy that something awesomely wonderful happens in the new year. Or at least that nothing else that makes things crappy happens.

I am so wise, yes?

Truth be told, this year - and the few before it - have been tough. It seems like every time I turn around, something else happens. I would much prefer if that was not the way it will be next year.

Which leads me to ponder - don't we seem to put a lot of hope in the changing of a number or two? As if we will wake up on January 1 and be in a magical land filled with unicorns and rainbows. I've never been one to make New Years Resolutions or goals just because it's the changing of the year you put at the end of dates. I make goals and resolutions as I see fit and go from there.

So, there you have it. Do you feel wise and insighted yet? I hope so.

Happy End of 2010/Beginning of 2011 to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment