Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Prefer Indoor Plumbing

Yesterday, the water heater ceased functioning properly.

I discovered this as I began the scouring of the kitchen for our annual New Years Party. (Note to self - hire a maid service next year.) Usually the water is hot by the time I rinse dishes and load them into the dishwasher. Then, wash all the stuff that didn't fit and can't go in. This time, the water just wasn't getting hot.

Turns out the pilot light went out. So, my dad came home and re-lit it. It went out again, and wouldn't light.

NO. HOT. WATER.

Six people.

Not happy.

So, out came our trusty friend, Pot. We filled him with water and boiled it. Kids got a sponge bath. By the time I had washed my hair with microwaved water and cleaned up with Mr. Pot, I realized how much I love modern conveniences.

My dad was able to fix it the next day with and $8 part. Thank goodness. I definitely am not cut out for frontier living!

No comments:

Post a Comment