Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas is Carnage!

First, I've been the worst blogger. Ever. I acknowledge.

Moving on.

Last night we finally were all home and were going to "officially" start Christmas. That means light the fire, put the angel on the tree, turn on all the lights and dance around to Nat Kind Cole's "The Christmas Song" (best rendition ever, by the way).

It sounds so sweet.

HAHAHA!

So, we go to plug the iPod into the stereo, which is about 4-million years old so you can't ever tell if it's actually on or not. And it wasn't, and the cord was unhooked. My dad REALLY wanted it piped into the surround sound, so he's digging around in the cabinet insisting that he'll get it. My sister and I keep saying we can just get her little iPod stereo thing, but no. She finally goes up and gets it and starts the song, and at the same time my dad yells that he got it fixed. So, we now have surround sound Nat King Cole.

Then he wants to dance with my mom, and keeps telling us to be quiet because we're ruining Nat King Cole. And my kids are fighting over something on the couch, and my sister is trying to take the toy away they're fighting over, and my dad and mom are "dancing", and my dad is telling everyone to shut up, and I'm imagining someone watching this and laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.

Songs over, so time to put the angel on the tree (or put the tree up the angel's butt - whichever). It's MB's turn this year. My dad gets him up there and MB tries to get the angel on the tree. It, of course, isn't staying on, so me with my totally jacked up back is trying to hold it up while my sister jimmies some branches around. Angels up, so time to plug it in to light it.

Can't find the plug in the tree. My sister's digging around in the tree trying to find the plug. We finally find it and grab the angel cord and....

The plug on the end of the angel cord is gone. There's just this weird little connector. Ten more minutes of digging through the tree and presents, and no cord. By this time the kids are out of control and it's way past their bedtime. So, off to bed they go, I get in the shower, my sister is mumbling in the tree, and we never did "officially" start Christmas.

I love family time!

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly priceless, of course! We'll try again with my cheapie star tree-topper I grabbed at The Wally World today.

    ReplyDelete