Wednesday, December 29, 2010

the FCB

All women have one. ALL of them. I don't care who you are.

Little girls have them, too, but different ones.

What are they?

Fake Celebrity Boyfriends.

What is a Fake Celebrity Boyfriend? Exactly what it sounds like. Some famous person or character on a show or something similar that you think is absolutely the most gorgeous person ever, and you dream that you meet him and he totally thinks you're the best thing ever.

Let's clarify something - having a FCB and being stalker like are completely different.

You don't want to know all about the FCB. It will ruin the dream. You don't really care so much where he lives, and you have no desire to know if he's dating or married or gay. You know his name, and how hot he is, and the rest is mostly made up to fit your fantasy. You know you have a 99.99% chance that you will NOT ever meet him. If you think that you and your FCB have a "deep connection" and that you are or will be married, or anything like that, you are a stalker and need help.

I will admit that my current FCB is Alex O'Loughlin. He's dreamy. I know nothing about him. I refuse to check out his IMDB profile. The perfect FCB. My mom is all about Tom Selleck from the Magnum P.I. days. I believe my sister's #1 is Matt Bomer from White Collar. My aunt is predictable with Brad Pitt.

Who's your FCB?

1 comment:

  1. I think I've moved beyond Tom Selleck to Simon Baker cuz he plays such a quirky character.

    ReplyDelete